Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

answertothequestion - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* answertothequestion > Topics

Subject: My answer.
Replies: 5 Views: 780

jessct 12/8/2006 - 7:26:23
I just wana share with you how I managed to find the answers to my personal questions. *

jessct 12/8/2006 - 7:38:34
I will start by introducing myself. My name is Jessica and I am 20 years old. I grew up in a christian home. Both my parents are christians. Going to church on a Sunday was never an option, it was what we always did (and still do) every Sunday morning. From an early age, I learnt about God, Bible stories, prayer, living the christian life etc. I believed in Jesus and accepted Him as my personal Lord and Saviour as a child. In fact, I cant exactly remember how old I was when I became saved so it feels as if I have been saved all my life. It is safe to say that I have a firm foundation in Christ. But this foundation endured some shaking. There was a time when I began to doubt God. *

jessct 12/8/2006 - 7:54:27
At the age of 15, I started to question God and my life in general. Does God really exist? And if God made all things, then who made God? Surely, He could not have just existed since the beginning? What was the beginning? My mind pondered on these things and answers from what I had learnt sprung to mind: In the beginning God created everything like it is explained in the book of Genesis, and God has always been there. But I wasnt convinced. Then why did God make the earth? Why did He make animals and humans if we are all going to die anyway? Whats the point then? Whats the whole point of life? These questions and doubts floated around in my mind. And yet, I held on to what I had learnt about God. I tried to understand. I tried to accept. But I had kept this to myself. I did not tell anyone about it. I prayed to God about it though. I asked Him questions even though I was doubting His existence. But I did not tell or ask anyone else. *

jessct 12/8/2006 - 8:05:47
There was a Christian Union at my high school. They met once a week after school and I attended it because I was christian. They often invited speakers to talk about various topics. One day, a speaker came to speak about prophecy. Her name is Mandy and she herself is blessed with the gift of prophecy. After she had finished and the meeting was over for the day, she looked at me straight in the eyes and said that I was doubting. My eyes started to fill with tears. She continued to say that I was questioning God and yet clutching onto straws. Clutching onto what I knew. I was amazed that she knew because I had kept this to myself. And as she and others prayed for me I realised that I had no more reason to doubt. *

jessct 12/8/2006 - 8:21:36
Mandy was spot-on about what had been troubling my heart and mind. God was the one who I had questioned when I prayed to Him. When I sat in my room and cried as I seeked for answers it was only God that knew what I was going through. From that moment when I realised that only God could have revealed those things to Mandy, that God had answered my prayer, I stopped doubting His existence and started to believe afresh. If God had not used Mandy's gift of prophecy to help me then I dont know what would have happened to me and my beliefs. But the timing was perfect. My tears of confusion turned to tears of relief and contentment. That happened 5 years ago. And since then, my faith has continued to grow. *

jessct 5/8/2007 - 1:59:47
Has anyone else had any life changing experiences with God? *

* answertothequestion Forum

Search:
topics replies

* answertothequestion

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits